The EUACI seeks a qualified and experienced consultant to serve as a Programme Representative in Chernivtsi.
The Consultant is expected to be an outstanding team player, capable to coordinate on the ground implementation of Integrity Tools as well as CSO support related actions of the Programme. The consultant will be expected to ensure effective coordination and cooperation with local administration as well as other EU funded projects on the ground.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Programme Representative will advance, and coordinate Component 3 related activities in Chernivtsi; work closely with the Programme stakeholders in the city: local self-government, civic activists and civil society organizations, as well as investigative journalists to help build and maintain accountability and transparency mechanisms; provide support in establishing pockets of integrity to be potentially replicated in other Ukrainian cities. The Programme Representative will coordinate closely with other EU funded projects on the ground.
- Work closely with respective representatives of the Chernivtsi City Council Executive Committee, City Council, Civil Society Organizations and investigative journalists to support the implementation of the Integrity tools.
- Work in close coordination with the Advisor to the Mayor embedded in the Executive Committee by the EUACI.
- Coordinate activities of the EUACI contractors responsible for the implementation of Integrity Tools in Chernivtsi.
- Contribute to effective monitoring and evaluation of Programme implementation by stakeholders and the EUACI’s vendors and/or contractors.
- Proactively support organization of public events for the EUACI.
- Engage with local opinion leaders, journalists, local experts and business when necessary for Programme implementation.
- Support the EUACI in coordination Programme activities with donors and international technical assistance projects in Chernivtsi.
- Ensure close coordination with other EU funded projects on the ground.
- Support effective communication of Programme activities and its results.
- Draft updates, summaries, memorandums, provide inputs to monthly and quarterly reports.
- Organize and maintain files and records regarding Programme implementation according to the EUACI standards.
- Assist with any other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with the EUACI beneficiaries, stakeholders and vendors/contractors.
- Must have Professional level English ability – both written and oral. Fluency in Ukrainian and Russian is required.
- Experience working with local self-government and civil society.
- Experience working with media and organization of public events.
- Knowledge and understanding of central, regional state government and local self-government.
- Knowledge of local regulatory framework.
- Knowledge and understanding of transparency and accountability mechanisms of local self-government.
- Ability to read and interpret documents, and communicate with others as necessary to perform duties effectively.
- Strong organizational, management, and coordination skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to enhance teamwork.
- A keen sense of ethics, integrity, and credibility.
- The ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines, flexibility and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Masters’ Degree in political science, public administration, law or another relevant field that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties and responsibilities as described.
- At least one year of professional experience in managing projects for or in cooperation with local self-government or projects of civil society organizations.
HOW TO APPLY AND SELECTION PROCEDURE
The CVs, motivation letters and contact information of at least two references shall be submitted to the e-mail: email@example.com with the subject: Local representative. Deadline is April 19 (Friday).
The candidate will be selected in three stages:
- Assessment of received applications against the requirements listed in this announcement;
- Interview with the Programme representatives
- Shortlisted candidates might be invited for an interview with the Head of the Programme.
The Consultant is expected to start the work in May 2019. The contract period is from May to December 2019 with the possibility of extension. The consultant will provide services for at least 20 business days during the calendar month.
For any questions, please contact Bohdan Boiko, Local Governance and Civil Society Expert at EUACI (firstname.lastname@example.org)