Project Manager in the field of Anti-Corruption
Support to Ukraine’s anti-corruption institutions.
EU Anti-Corruption Initiative (EUACI), Phase II in Ukraine 2020-2024 (July)
The EUACI is looking for an experienced project manager who will be responsible for capacity building projects in support of Ukraine’s anti-corruption institutions. Do you have experience from working in the field of rule-of-law or anti-corruption, a relevant university degree and excellent language skills and do you wish to be part of a team of highly qualified and motivated staff united in the support of anti-corruption, then we hope to receive your application.
The EUACI is a joint EU and Government of Denmark financed programme aimed at supporting Ukraine in its efforts to reduce corruption at the national and local level through the empowerment of citizens, civil society, businesses, and state institutions. The overall objective of the EU Anti-Corruption Initiative is to improve the implementation of the Ukrainian anti-corruption policy by supporting the key anti-corruption state institutions: strengthening oversight of reform implementation by Parliament; and at the regional and local levels supporting civil society, investigative media, business and local governments, thus substantially improving Ukraine’s overall performance in the fight against corruption.
The full-scale Russian invasion has changed the context of the program. The EUACI is now pursuing four thematic areas: Reconstruction and anti-corruption, EU -integration in the field of anti-corruption, asset recovery and tracing and resilience of EUACI’s partners.
Title: Project Manager in the field of Anti-Corruption
Place of service: The EUACI office, Velyka Zhytomyrska st. 20, Kyiv.
What we offer:
A fulltime labor contract with the Embassy of Denmark until the end of EUACI phase II (July 2024). Salary and benefit package according to Embassy regulations. A modern and comfortable workplace in the center of Kyiv. Flexible working hours.
Area of Responsibility
The successful candidate has to:
- Ensure the project management of a number of capacity building activities (training, seminars, IT-projects, institutional development, national/international expertise, international engagements etc.), conducted by the EUACI in support of the national anti-corruption institutions in Kyiv and in accordance with agreed work plans.
- Work in close cooperation with EUACI’s anti-corruption experts and the deputy head of the EUACI in identifying, preparing, processing, procuring and ensuring the implementation of capacity building activities.
- Focus in particular on the EUACI’s engagement with the Verkhovna Rada’s Committee on Anticorruption policy (CAP) and the National Agency on Corruption Prevention (NACP).
- Contribute to reporting and documenting EUACI activities and their impact.
- Prepare and closely review procurement documents in conjunction with the anti-corruption experts and the EUACI administrative team to ensure they comply with Danish foreign ministry policies and procedures.
- Represent EUACI – as directed by the Head or Deputy Head of the EUACI - in program events, meetings with donors, UN agencies, and other implementing organisations, meetings with beneficiaries.
- Ensure the timely preparation and submission of all reporting information, reports and documentation to the EUACI.
- Assist with other duties as agreed with the Head and Deputy Head of the EUACI.
- University degree in public administration, economics, law, social sciences or related field.
- Education or professional training in project management.
- 5-10 years of professional experience in the field of project management.
- Experience of working with governmental agencies and/or international organisations active in the field of rule of law and/or anti-corruption.
- Excellent English and Ukrainian language written and verbal communication skills.
- A self-starter, able to identify improvements to working practice, make recommendations and implement change.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work constructively with others on the team.
- The ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines, flexibility and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Keen sense of ethics, integrity, and credibility.
Deadline for applications: 26 March 2023, 18:00
Starting date: as soon as possible
Interested candidates should submit their motivation letter and CV with the subject “Application for the position of project manager” to the email address EUACI@um.dk