Project Expert for Integrity Cities
The EU Anti-Corruption Initiative in Ukraine (EUACI)
The EUACI is launching a new phase 2024-2027 and is looking for a Project Expert for Integrity Cities.
At the EUACI, we are making a difference in preventing and fighting corruption in Ukraine. We are working with the main anti-corruption stakeholders. We work with the government and the parliament, the anti-corruption institutions, the Ministry and Agency of Restoration, the Integrity Cities and civil society and media. We provide strategic capacity building, institutional and legislative support. We are bringing the best international anti-corruption expertise to Ukraine.
If you comply with the conditions below and want to be part of a fascinating workplace with dedicated and hardworking colleagues who want to do their part to create an even better society with less corruption then send us your application to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org before 26 February 2024.
The EUACI is a joint EU and Government of Denmark financed programme aimed at supporting Ukraine in its efforts to reduce corruption at the national and local level through the empowerment of citizens, civil society and state institutions. In January 2024, a new phase of the EUACI is launched. The strategic objectives are that: Corruption in Ukraine is reduced; Ukraine advances with anti-corruption reform; and Reconstruction in war-affected areas of Ukraine is implemented within a framework that incorporates transparency, accountability and integrity.
The EUACI has four intervention areas, namely:
Support to independent state institutions fighting and preventing corruption;
Transparency and accountability of the reconstruction process;
Support cities in war-affected areas in enhancing integrity in the reconstruction process;
Civil society and media in preventing and fighting corruption.
Title: Project Expert for Integrity Cities.
Place of service: The EUACI office in Kyiv. Expect regular business trips to Integrity Cities.
Contract: We offer a labor contract for a full-time position with the Danish Embassy.
Conditions: A salary according to qualifications and embassy staff policy and a benefit package as for embassy staff, including a performance bonus, health insurance and five weeks of paid holidays.
Team: The Project Expert for Integrity Cities is a part of the Programme`s Component 3 team and refers to the Senior Project Manager for Integrity Cities and the Component`s Team Leader. The Project Expert will provide organizational and programming support to the team.
Area of Responsibility
As Project Expert for Integrity Cities, you are responsible for supporting the selected cities in enhancing integrity in the reconstruction process and implementation of good governance and best practices in close cooperation with EUACI’s advisors to the city mayors. This intervention area covers mainly the program’s cooperation with local self-government: the six Integrity Cities: Zhytomyr, Mykolaiv, Chervonograd, Chernivtsi, Nikopol and Mariupol. The list of cities planed to be expanded.
The successful candidate is expected to:
- design, develop and support the implementation of integrity projects in the Integrity Cities, including through specific IT and good governance projects regarding the digitalization of internal processes of budgeting, contracting and public procurement, internal audit, construction projects and provide capacity building to city administrations;
- ensure that projects are designed and implemented to promote sustainability of the integrity tools provided, including by providing capacity building activities;
- oversee the implementation and ensure the quality of the deliverables of the individual consultants, consulting companies, and IT developers hired by the EUACI to provide technical assistance to the Integrity Cities;
- quality assurance and supporting the work of Advisers to the city mayors posted by EUACI in each Integrity City. Work with Integrity Support Office in Mykolayiv City Administration.
- helping partners in the six cities (including cooperation with the posted advisors) develop and implement activities related to documenting and communicating the results of their activities, best practices and lessons learned;
- engage in casework together with Team Members, including initiating and completing procurement of technical assistance services for Integrity Cities. This task includes designing interventions, drafting the ToRs and starting the procurement according to the procedures and rules of EUACI.
- Contribute to reporting, drafting presentation, preparation of payment requests to support of implementation of projects with city administrations
- assist with other duties as agreed with the Head of Program, Team Leader and Senior Project Manager.
- Master’s Degree in Public Policy, Public Administration, Law, International Relations, Political Science, or a related field;
- Experience in establishing good working relationships with local governments and national authorities for at least 2 years;
- Experience from working with international organizations and Ukrainian civil society organizations will be an advantage;
- Demonstrated strong project management skills from previous positions;
- Experience in promoting good governance and integrity would be an advantage;
- Experience in the development and implementation of regulatory acts for local self-government bodies and state authorities would be an advantage;
- Good analytical, negotiation, networking, coordination, and communication skills;
- Ability to work with tight deadlines, follow through on tasks and deliver results;
- Fluency in Ukrainian and excellent English language skills is required;
- Keen sense of ethics, integrity, and credibility.
Deadline for applications
Interested candidates should submit their CV and short motivation letter to e-mail: email@example.com, cc: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com before the close of business on 26 February 2024. Please write in the email subject “Project Expert for Integrity Cities”.