Terms of Reference for a
Legal and Administrative Intern at the EUACI (payed)
EU Anti-Corruption Initiative (EUACI), Ukraine, Phase II 2020-2024
The EUACI is a joint EU and Government of Denmark financed program aimed at supporting Ukraine in its efforts to reduce corruption at the national and local level through the empowerment of citizens, civil society, businesses, and state institutions. In May 2020, the EUACI entered into its Phase II that runs until mid-2024.
The overall objective of the EU Anti-Corruption Initiative Phase II is to improve the implementation of the Ukraine’s anti-corruption policy by supporting the key anti-corruption state institutions: strengthening oversight of reform implementation by Parliament; and at national and local level supporting civil society, investigative media, business and local governments, thus substantially improving Ukraine’s overall performance in the fight against corruption.
In its work, the EUACI strives to ensure equal opportunities for man and woman, and development of youth. To follow this goal, the EUACI is introducing a position of a Legal and Administrative Intern.
Title: Legal and Administrative Intern at the EUACI (payed).
Place of service: EUACI office, Kyiv.
Duration: The internship is until the end of 2023 and the start date is 1 June 2023. It is a part-time position (20 hours per week).
Contract: External consultant, FOB. Indicative monthly gross salary 600 EUR.
Area of responsibility/tasks:
The position will entail a combination of assistant work and activities through which the intern will improve his or her professional skills and receive practical work experience.
- Review legal documents and provide legal assessments.
- Contribute to legal and policy memos on current anti-corruption issues.
- Provide background research.
- Assist EUACI staff in the implementation of their activities.
- Assist in the organization of events, communication/media work, conferences, study tours, trainings for EUACI beneficiaries etc.
- Provide administrative support to program staff where needed (drafting of procurement evaluation reports, payment requests, spreading information about procurement opportunities among potential bidders, etc.).
- Assist with developing presentations and searching for information.
- Note-taker for internal and external meetings.
- Perform any other similar duties as requested.
- Currently in the final year of a Masters’ degree in law or has finalized a Masters’ degree recently (must have graduated no longer than 1 year ago).
- Demonstrated an interest in anti-corruption work either through studies or civil society engagement or engagement with anti-corruption bodies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work constructively.
- Proven ability to see through tasks, set and deliver results.
- The ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines, flexibility and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Fluency in Ukrainian and excellent English language skills are required.
- Keen sense of ethics, integrity and credibility.
How to apply
Deadline for applications: 18 May 2023, 18:00, Kyiv time.
To apply, please send your CV, portfolio and a motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the subject line “Legal and Administrative Intern at the EUACI”.
Bidding language: English.