TERMS OF REFERENCE
for External translation/interpretation services for
the EU Anti-Corruption Initiative (EUACI)
The EU Anti-Corruption Initiative (EUACI) is the leading anti-corruption support program in Ukraine funded by the EU, co-funded and implemented by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark. The program was established in June 2017. A new 4-year phase was launched in May 2020 with a 22.9 million EURO budget.
The EUACI is playing a pivotal role in ensuring the sustainable institutional development of anti-corruption institutions. Additionally, the EUACI supports selection processes for the positions of the Heads and key staff of anti-corruption agencies in Ukraine. In autumn, the NACP selection process will take place. Donors are invited to nominate three commission members to the selection commission, who together with national commission members will select the Head of the NACP.
2. Scope of Work
The service provider will support the NACP Head Selection Commission by providing translation/interpretation services of the high-quality within the time frames agreed by the Selection Commission in advance. The services will include translation/interpretation from Ukrainian into English and vice versa for events, official meetings, closed meetings etc.
The Contractor shall provide following services:
- high-quality interpretation/ translation services using appropriate terminology (e.g., related to anti-corruption agencies);
- process texts provided in any kind of current commonly used text software format (e. g all MS office formats, pdf, power point, open source freeware “Linux”) and if necessary to convert provided text files into workable format;
- reassure the consistency of translated text and that the quality and deadlines are met. Editing shall be part of the service given large volume and necessity to engage a group of translators to ensure cohesion and consistency of translated texts, terminology;
- provide extra services, such as checking of a translation against the original (this is to include proofreading and editing of the translated text);
- interpretation of the NACP Selection Commission meetings and other events (if necessary)
3. Requirements to the Contractor
- capacity to carry out several individual orders in parallel, starting immediately after the Contract is in place;
- capacity of providing the services ordered rapidly and with a high degree of quality;
- ability to perform beyond standard working hours and during weekends when there is an urgent need;
- ability to ensure large throughput for minimum 25 pages a day (not limited to) within a tight deadline;
- ability to provide translation and interpretation services within all the territory of Ukraine (if necessary);
4. Project Timeline
The Contract shall enter into force on the date on which it is signed by the last party, with the contract implementation period until the end of May 2024.
5. Bidding details
The bidder must submit the following information to be considered:
- A brief profile of the Service provider with a list of assignments, similar to this project, executed in the last 3 years (maximum two pages);
- Provide the total number of translators/interpreters that can be engaged in the implementation of the Contract;
- The CVs (no more than three pages for each person) of the key team members who will be involved by the Service provider. List the names, project titles, key duties on this assignment and amount of time dedicated to this project.
- Budget for the services in EUR, inclusive of all taxes or other such charges.
Budget should contain prices for the following categories:
- * Written translation from/into English EUR/page (1800 characters);
- Consecutive interpretation EUR/1 translator/hour;
- Whispering interpreting EUR/1 translator/hour;
- Simultaneous interpretation EUR/hour (1 interpreter working in pairs);
- Price for supplementary services (proofreading and editing of the externally translated text) EUR/page (1800 characters);
- Terms (hours/days) for written translation using specific terminology 1 page (1800 characters);
- UAH payments without VAT acceptance (Yes/No);
- Payment terms.
* Rates for written translation can be given on standard and urgent terms. The provider should indicate max number of pages that can be rated as standard, and the price of the page for urgent translation.
The deadline for proposal submission is 18 September 2023 17:00 Kyiv time.
How to apply
The proposals shall be submitted within the above deadlines to the Anti-Corruption Expert Viktoria Popyk, the e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org with the title Interpretation/Translation Services.
Bidding language: English.
Questions for the Request for Bid should be addressed to email@example.com no later than 14 September 2023, 17:00 Kyiv time.